Why a Cosmetic Dentist?
Most of us have a long list of desires when it comes to our body. We might want to lose a few pounds or we want to have clearer skin, but one of the easiest ways to completely change our appearance is by improving the way our smile looks. When your appearance matters, you can’t have a so-so smile. With a cosmetic dentist, you can create the best possible smile for your mouth. These dental experts can help you with a multitude of cosmetic procedures for your teeth, or they can simply enhance what you already have. There are a number of services a cosmetic dentist can provide for you, including teeth whitening, implants, crowns, veneers and cosmetic re-contouring.
So, what makes a cosmetic dentist? There is a very different temperament and a different approach to dentistry by a true cosmetic dentist. Here are a few of the fundamental differences:
- A Cosmetic Dentist is passionate about the appearance of the work and getting it to look as beautiful as possible.
- Cosmetic Dentists are very attuned to the patient’s perception of the work.
- General Dentists are trained to fix things, and cosmetic dentists are trained to create things.
- Cosmetic Dentists, to be successful, also must have that great attention to detail, but must have that added spark of creativity and attention to beauty.
- Cosmetic Dentists have extra training in whitening, shaping, more cosmetic all-porcelain crowns and veneers, in high def digital photography, and Smile Design with computer- enhanced images of the smile before the work is begun.
- Cosmetic Dentists have completed many successful cosmetic cases and loads of experience.
It’s like the difference between a building contractor and an architect. It takes a completely different personality type to succeed with each dimension.
A Cosmetic Dentist must dedicate themselves to extensive hours of education after dental school simply for the passion of being able to create smiles of beauty. There is a certain “fire in the belly” that they possess. And there is a great deal they have to learn:
- The multitude of different materials that cosmetic dentists work with have properties that are very different from the materials generally used by general dentists.
- The concept of Smile Design is an artistic subject that general dentists, just as a matter of personality, have great difficulty with.
- It takes more than attending lectures to learn the many aspects of color that a cosmetic dentist needs to know. He or she needs hands-on training in this subject.
- Finally, there is a great art of communication in great cosmetic dentistry. The dentist has to take all of this artistic and scientific knowledge and apply it to the perceptions of the patient.
You can learn a lot about Dr. Bridger from a free cosmetic consultation. At this appointment you can discuss you needs and desires. You can have an “imaging” presentation that can give you many appearance options to choose from. A good Cosmetic Dentist can help you feel better about your smile and the way you present yourself to the world. In taking this step, you are making yourself a priority, creating a smile that truly expresses who you are and what an attractive person you can be, with the right help!
For more information on different types of dentists you can check out this hyperlink.
Find out more about our cosmetic dentist Houston office and and the various procedures we offer.
By John Bridger