TMJ Jaw Treatment
There is a very delicate harmonious relationship between the teeth, facial muscles, and the temporomandibular joint (TMJ). When this relationship is altered by injury or an improper bite relationship, the resulting painful syndrome known as TMJ, (Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction) arises. Early diagnosis and treatment is important to avoid more serious progression and consequences. The follow questions are useful in identifying jaw joint disorders.
- Do you have difficulty opening your mouth wide?
- Do you have pain or difficulty chewing?
- Does your jaw shift when you open wide?
- Do you have “clicking” or “popping” in either jaw?
- Do you have pain in your temple, face or ear?
- Do your ears “ring” or hurt?
- Do you have frequent headaches or facial pain?
- Do you have morning headaches?
- Do you clench or grind your teeth during the day or at night?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, an evaluation may be in order.
Early treatment options could include adjustments of the bite (occlusion) and/or appliance therapy. These treatments are designed to reduce muscle spasm, swelling in the joint and restore a more harmonious relationship between the teeth, facial muscles and the jaw joint.
CALL US TODAY!
About Dr. Bridger
Before & After Photos
New Patient/Smile Form
Are you a new patient??
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR PRACTICE
We’re located at 3400 S. Gessner, Suite 101, Houston, Texas 77063
Hours: Mon-Thurs: 8:30AM-5:30PM | Fri: By Appointment Only
Absolutely comfortable care with non-sting-numbing.
All dental services at one location!