I was so afraid to go to the dentist. I went to Dr. Bridger, who explained how easy and comfortable Sedation Dentistry is. I came for my treatment appointment and was given some medication. When I awoke a couple of hours later, all of my dental work was done, and I felt and remembered nothing. I owe so much thanks to Dr. Bridger and his wonder team!
– Judy B.
What is Sedation Dentistry?
Sleep Sedation Dentistry Houston – Relaxing and Comfortable.
Imagine not being afraid to go to the dentist. Imagine being able to accomplish all your dental care which has built up over the years in as little as one or two appointments. Imagine being able to smile with confidence and chew your food without pain. No wonder so many of our Houston patients attest to the success of being sedated in our sedation dentistry Houston office.
An emotional testimony on how sedation helps.
CALL US TODAY!
Depending on your level of stress and anxiety, out Houston office provides different levels of sedation: you can be sedated heavily or just enough to be unaware of the treatment as if you were relaxing. With an optimal level of sedation, you’ll wake up refreshed, with little or no memory of what was accomplished.
We can remove hopeless teeth, do fillings, repair chipped teeth, place crowns, treat sore gums, whiten yellow or stained teeth, replace dentures and partials, perform tooth-saving root canals, place implants (replacement roots) and more.
People with very busy schedules can get the dental care they need, easily and quickly.
Sedation dentistry in our Houston office is a safe way to reduce the fatigue of extended dental treatment requiring long visits.
The Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
- Relaxation – Overcome Dental Fear & Dental Anxiety
- No Pain (Even if you have sensitive teeth!)
- No Gagging
- Easier Management of Complex Dental Problems
- More Dental Services Can be Completed in a Shorter Amount of Time
Sedation Dentistry is Ideal for People who…
- Have a High Fear of Visiting the Dentist
- Hate the Noises, Smells and Tastes Associated with Dental Care
- Have Had Traumautic Dental Experiences
- Hate Needles and Shots
- Have Difficulty Getting Numb
- Are Afraid or Embarrassed About Their Teeth
- Are Medically Compromised
- Have a Bad Gag Reflex
- Have Very Sensitive Teeth
How is Sedation Dentistry Accomplished?
- For those patients with strongest fears, largest cases, and those who are medically compromised: We use Intravenous (IV) Sedation with a combination of drugs administered by a Dental Anesthesiologist, which makes you “dream-like” sleepy and totally unaware of the treatment. We often give you an anti-anxiety pill to help you sleep the night before your dental appointment and then an hour before your appointment so you come in very relaxed.
- For those patients with stronger fear and larger cases: We use Oral Conscious Sedation using different sedative pills often in combination with NO gas sometimes referred to as “Laughing gas”, which makes you very sleepy and very unaware of the treatment, as when you are just nodding off to sleep. We often give you an anti-anxiety pill to help you sleep the night before your dental appointment and then an hour before your appointment so you come in very relaxed.
- For those patients with mild dental fear and smaller cases: For those patients with mild fear and less extensive cases we offer relaxing gas (often called “laughing gas” or “happy gas”) for free, because we want our patients to be completely comfortable during their treatment, which makes you unaware of the treatment, as if you were relaxing. After a health history and pre-clinical vital signs are recorded, we cover you with a warm, snug blanket, and offer you music earphones. After treatment, you can safely drive, study, work, relax, or exercise. You will have a reduced memory of the experience.
Prior to your sedation dentistry appointment, you don’t eat or drink the few hours prior. Your companion drives you to our Houston office in comfortable clothes. After a health history and pre-clinical vital signs are recorded, we cover you with a warm, snug blanket and offer you music earphones. When your treatment is completed, your companion will return you home to finish your comfortable, relaxing day. You will have no memory of the experience, including any sounds or smells.
About Dr. Bridger
Before & After Photos
New Patient/Smile Form
Are you a new patient??
How Safe Is Sedation Dentistry?
DR. JOHN BRIDGER, DDS
N.O. gas sometimes referred to as “Laughing gas” and the drugs we use have a long track record of safety. A thorough pre-op health history, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration is taken on each patient. On oral conscious sedation and IV cases we use monitors to keep up with blood oxygen level, blood pressure, and pulse.
Dr. Bridger and our Houston staff have extensive training in N.O. gas sometimes referred to as “Laughing gas”, oral conscious sedation, and emergency life support techniques in accordance with the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners. All necessary emergency equipment, drugs, oxygen, and supplies are on hand.
No patient is rendered unconscious as with general anesthesia. All IV sedation is administered by a dental anesthesiologist doctor with years of advanced anesthesia and emergency training. We have a full crash cart for IV cases.
Dentist That Uses Sedation Dentistry Near Me
Make a consultation appointment by calling our Houston office by phone at (713) 266-2244 or by email. We will get you in usually within a couple of days of your contact, often the same day. Dr. Bridger and our staff will perform a very friendly exam with necessary x-rays and then will discuss in detail treatments necessary, options, sedation alternatives, fees, financing, and will make the needed appointments.
It Really Works!
You can sleep through your dental appointment!
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR PRACTICE
We’re located at 3400 S. Gessner, Suite 101, Houston, Texas 77063
Dr.’s Hours: Mon: 8:30-5:30, Tue: 8:30-4:30, Wed: 8:30-5:30, Thur: 8:30-3:30, Fri: By Appointment
Hygienist: Mon: 7:30-5:30, Tues: 7:30-4:30, Wed 7:30-5:30, Thurs: 7:30-3:30, Fri: Closed
Absolutely comfortable care with non-sting-numbing.
All dental services at one location!